Qt SVG renderer

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Aug 6 12:57:29 BST 2008

Hi Ariya,

> Why would you want to simplify the lib and put it in kdelibs? You can
> just use QtWebKit as is. For an example, check out:
> http://ariya.blogspot.com/2008/08/svg-to-png-using-qtwebkit.html

The main problem is... you are forced to link against qtwebkit for only _one_
feature. I agree SVG handling is almost 50% of the codebase of the total
engine code... but still, I find it not optimum.

For that reason I talked about simplifying it and moving it into kdelibs, for
not having to be forced to link against to yet another big library.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.