Qt SVG renderer

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:21:12 BST 2008

On August 4, 2008 12:43:38 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >>
> >> I disagree.
> >
> > What exactly is the difference between the version you attached and the
> > one in svn? All I can tell from a cursory inspection is that you
> > ungrouped some objects. While this may reduce the file size (and could
> > be considered cruft), it is NOT a collection of additional stray
> > elements (i.e. entire unrelated icons) that I was calling "junk".
> >
> > I disagree with you disagreeing.
>
> I would have thought that a file of less than half the size with the
> *exact* same result would be QED to the question of whether there was
> junk in the file without any explanation.

if we removed all comments and whitespace from source code, those files would
be much smaller and compile to the same code.

that doesn't make it a good idea. :)

reducing the file size should only be done if the data removed is really of no
value to the people editing those files.
--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com