[Plasma/Krunner] multiple actions targets

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Mon Aug 4 17:26:41 BST 2008

Hi,
first off all, I apologize if I'm not posting to the right list, I'm not
sure if this thread should go to kde-devel.

Krunner currently allows a krunner plugin to specify multiple actions
for a single result. If I understood correctly, the runner has to
provide its own widget to present the different actions.
I'm suggesting a more "integrated" way to have multiple actions, a bit
like what's done with quicksilver on Mac OS X, or Gnome-Do : if the
runner specifies that there are several actions for a QueryMatch, then
we keep the krunner window open, and display the actions in that window.
We might for that display bigger items than the default small squares,
but that's a detail. The the run method of the runner would be called
with the QueryMatch as a parameter, plus a QueryAction, or something
like that.

I'd like to have opinions on that, before beginning to write a patch.

Best regards
Adrien Bustany