KPropertiesDialog. Useful graph ? [2D]

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Mon Apr 28 06:33:51 BST 2008

On Monday, 28. April 2008 01:41:01 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Working on the "capacity bar". My results so far have been:
>
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/04/kpropertiesdialog11.png
>
> Of course, it is not showing the percentage on the screenshot. I would like
> to know what do you think of the bar appearance :)

Will the appearance be part of KStyle? Or asking less technically: Will
the "capacity bar" look OK with styles like Plastique too?

The reason for this question is that this kind of approach has already failed
for the "capacity bar" in Dolphins status bar. Before KDE 4.0 I've written a
custom control and got a lot of complaints from users that it does not look
good with Oxygen. I failed finding an approach which looks good with Oxygen
_and_ other styles too, so I used QProgressBar for showing the capacity.
Afterwards I got 2 complaints from developers that using QProgressBar for
this is not correct semantically, however users did not care about this and
liked the new look ;-)

My input is: no matter which approach we are using (pie chart, a kind
of "capacity bar"...), we must take care that it looks OK with all styles,
not only Oxygen.

Best regards,
Peter