[rfc] Should we "block" bugreports for the latest stable releases of KDE apps?

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Fri Apr 25 10:20:37 BST 2008

2008/4/25, Jaroslaw Staniek <js at iidea.pl>:
> David Faure said the following, On 2008-04-24 19:09:
>

> > But maybe we can allow kdelibs-3.5.[678] for non-kdelibs/kdebase bugs, I
> don't
> > think that a lot of stuff has changed for apps in the last bugfix
> releases.
> >

>  yeah, this change would be nice

I think requiring reporters to use latest KDE is deterring them. They
have already did more than usual user would do (i.e. they want to
report bug), but they are now punished for that. How many will really
install newer KDE version just to check the bug?

IMO bugs for older KDE version should be accepted, marked as
"Untriaged for current version" or something similar, and then someone
with latest KDE version can verify if this bug still happens.

My 2c

	Krzysztof Lichota