Toolbars displaying when switching documents

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 22:11:19 BST 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Anders Lund wrote:
> Since kde 4, when switching documents in kate the toolbar displays, even if it
> was hidden before.
>
> I checked with konqueror today, and it have the same problem. Open a few pages
> in tabs, hide the toolbar and switch page.

... indeed (unless you wait for the 500ms autosave timer in kmainwindow to kick in).

> I suspect it happens with the KXMLGui merge.
>
> Before I start investigating deeper, I would like to know if anyone have an
> idea what happens.

I didn't have an idea, but I debugged it now, in konqueror: KParts::MainWindow::createGUI calls
applyMainWindowSettings, but in case of dirty settings in kmainwindow those were not saved first.
Fixed, with unit test, both branches. r800799 / r800801.

Can you check if this fixes your kate problem?