KTabBar - suggestion for 4.1

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Wed Apr 23 20:47:43 BST 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 01:37:54 Robert Knight wrote:
> > But the style should (in an ideal world) choose the
> > presentation of it, i.e
> >  2. hover close button with no delay
> >
> > | 3. hover close button with delay
> > | 4. close button on the right
> > | (5. Middle button click.)
>
> Those are differences in behaviour as well as presentation.  In the case
> of 'middle click' I have had several different conflicting bug reports
> asking for different things to happen when people middle click on tabs.
> It would be simpler for me just to have one behaviour that I can rely on
> and document in the handbook accordingly.

I suggest to use the mouse middle click as close action. This is a common
behavior in other (not KDE) applications.
I have an implementation of that locally that enables this action when the
close buttons on tabs has been activated. This makes sense to me because apps
that do not provide a close button will (most probably) not handle close
requests. Also this would provide a consistent behavior: when the close button
is visible, the user can also use the mouse middle button.

Bye
urs