[FEATURE] KNotify support for galago Notifications spec

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:25:35 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 00:48:50 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> But that doesn't works with galago's "notify" server  (the dbus namespace
> is not even the same).
> What are the reason of that ?
Well, mostly because this is a work in progress and because it doesn't fully
implement org.freedesktop.Notifications. Also Aaron posted some suggestions to
xdg mailing list and seems that no one apart you replied to them - no one
interested? :) So I left org.kde prefix for now - maybe we'll decide to add
some things that org.freedesktop.Notifications lacks atm and then propose this
as additional features to the spec.

> Also please don't use "Notification" in the interface name, but instead
> something like "PopupServer"
Why? galago-spec says that interface should be named Notifications, that's why
I called it like this. What's the reason not to follow it  here?
Or did I get something wrong?

> mmmhhh,  it should be possible to take the one comming from the
> application. But the knotify dbus interface need modification then.
Hmm, I missed that route. Well it's still only two lines of code :)
But of course if you feel that the way you propose is better and more
convenient, I'd tend to ask for details :)

> About the patch:
> When you do the transition from/to KPassivePopup to/from dbus, you should
> not forget to clean the maps, and close KPassivePopups
>
> You need to emit finished(id) when the popup is closed by the server.
> Otherwhise, you may leak memory for perssistant notifications,  both in
> knotify and in the application.
Ooops, seems like i missed this. You mean I should call finished(id) in
closeNotificationDBus?

Cheers,
Dmitry.