Proxy support in KDE4 [patch attached]

Sergey Saukh thelich at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 18 03:07:22 BST 2008

In a message on Thursday 17 April 2008 David Stegbauer you wrote:
> > Are there any news about proxy support in KDE4? (It seems that kio_http
> > just ignores proxy settings for now)...
>
> Yes, you are right. Some time ago I've contacted Andreas Hartmetz and he
> wrote: "The situation is somewhat more involved... QSslSocket has built-in
> proxy support and KTcpSocket which is built on it and is being used in
> KIO::TCPSlaveBase should expose it at some point - with the GUI integration
> needed for proxy authentication. QTcpSocket and QSslSocket have pretty good
> proxy support in fact with several proxy types and authentication methods."
>
> So I ported part of http proxy support from KDE 3.5.9 to trunk, but I
> decided not to share it as it is "quick and dirty" patch and it does not
> handle https. Also tested just with manual proxy configuration. But at
> least something works for me.
>
> Regards, David

Thanks for your reply... I've asked because I wanted to suggest my patch and I
didn't know if this problem was solved already - I don't have access to svn,
so I can't check latest build.

Here is my patch. It's somewhat "quick and dirty" too, so I don't think it
will go to mainstream, but I think it's a good starting point.
Manual proxy configuration works, https handling works, autoconfiguration
works too (PAC at least)...

I have an idea how to make socks work. I'll try it today.
--
Best regards,
Sergey A Saukh