Re:Proxy support in KDE4 [patch attached]

David Stegbauer dstegbauer at post.cz
Thu Apr 17 08:32:21 BST 2008

> Are there any news about proxy support in KDE4? (It seems that kio_http just
> ignores proxy settings for now)...

Yes, you are right. Some time ago I've contacted Andreas Hartmetz and he wrote:
"The situation is somewhat more involved... QSslSocket has built-in proxy
support and KTcpSocket which is built on it and is being used in
KIO::TCPSlaveBase should expose it at some point - with the GUI integration
needed for proxy authentication. QTcpSocket and QSslSocket have pretty good
proxy support in fact with several proxy types and authentication methods."

So I ported part of http proxy support from KDE 3.5.9 to trunk, but I decided not to share it as it is "quick and dirty" patch and it does not handle https. Also tested just with manual proxy configuration. But at least something works for me.

Regards, David