Qt 4.4.0 RC1 released, qt-copy updated

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 17 02:43:13 BST 2008

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> I don't know about "must", but it seems qt-copy patches 0191 and 0192
>>> are still not in Qt proper, despite that the text in said patches claims
>>> otherwise. Am I missing something? If not, can these be applied?
>>
>> According to our task tracker, the task is closed. The patch that was
>> applied is completely different, though. That's why it didn't show up
>> as conflict with either of the two qt-copy patches.
>
> Ok. I'll make a note then to try to identify if the patches are still
> needed.

Ok. Neither of the patches seem to do anything, but it seems the state
of listviews seems to have gotten worse rather than better (or at least,
it is equally broken but in a different manner). Alternate rows, as far
as I can tell, *never* use the active color. Also, the text (*all* text,
not just selections) uses inactive when the list doesn't have focus.

My experience is that inactive works (or should work) as follows:
- for selections, use active if the widget has focus, else use inactive
- otherwise use active if the /window/ has focus, else use inactive

There are a number of violations of the above rules in listviews.

The KDE4 color scheme at http://pastebin.ca/987866 can be used to hunt
bugs (make sure to turn state effects on!).

Meanwhile, I disabled the patches as I don't see what, if anything, they
are doing in current qt-copy.

--
Matthew
 > pinotree uses the large trout on tsdgeos and PutHuhn :)
 > PutHuhn runs
 > tsdgeos lights a fire and eats the trout
(with apologies to Pino Toscano, PutHuhn and Albert Astals Cid, who came
up with this entirely on their own)