Qt 4.4.0 RC1 released, qt-copy updated

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Sun Apr 6 09:51:28 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 April 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> You will find attached the announcement email. But I guess that the list of
> new features is already old news for the KDE community :-)
>
> I have updated qt-copy with the new release as soon as it was published. I
> also removed the qt-copy patches that were already applied and re-applied
> the two that are the qt-copy "distinctivenesses".
>
> The rest of the patches are left untouched. They appear to apply on my
> system, but I did not perform a build with them. In fact, I didn't even
> look into them to see what they are. As usual, if any patches were not
> submitted to Trolltech, they will never be applied to our tree.
>
> As the email says, we have less than a month until the final scheduled
> release. If there are still outstanding issues that the KDE community
> *must* see fixed, let me know.

We had a strange bug that a Testcase did no longer work after updating to
qt4.4rc1

In the end we could trace it to

static inline bool qFuzzyCompare(double p1, double p2)
{
     return (qAbs(p1 - p2) <= 0.000000000001 * qMin(qAbs(p1), qAbs(p2)));
}

where the check was changed to what was there before:

return qAbs(p1 - p2) < 0.00000000001;

Now when one value is 0.0 the and the other is quite small e.g. 2.66454e-15
this will always return false.

Should I report that as bug?

Thorsten