KTabBar - suggestion for 4.1

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Apr 16 22:17:45 BST 2008

Le mercredi 16 avril 2008, Andras Mantia a écrit :
> On Tuesday 15 April 2008, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > (and the style would choose which one,  may be configurable)
>
> The style? That should just decide how it looks, not what is visible and
> works.

The application should say that the tab may be closed.

The style control the appearence of the tab. Which include the appearence of
the close button (and its location)

KTabBar should ask the style how to draw the button.
Unfortunatelly, that doesn't works, because QStyle doesn't know that. And even
if we can add that to KStyle, that mean that style based on QStyle would not
be able to control the appearence of it.

What would work is to have another option in KGlobalSetting.  And KTabBar
would use that.

But the application should NOT be able to choose between different behaviour.
It's importent that the behaviour is the same in each every KDE Application.
I see no reason to have different behaviour in Konqueror, Kopete, Kate, ....