wrong external item

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Apr 15 14:10:24 BST 2008

David Faure wrote:
>> svn: PROPFIND of
>> '/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen/lib':
>> authorization failed (https://svn.kde.org)
>
>I think something was changed in the ssl config on svn.kde.org, but I'm
> not sure what/how. Dirk?

Scott Wheeler changed two svn:external properties, both by moving from
svn://anonsvn.kde.org to https://svn.kde.org

1) in kdesupport/taglib for admin
2) in kdebase/workspace/kwin/clients/ozone for lib

The first change was correct, since the https server allows anonymous
read-only access for admin (branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin). The
second change was incorrect because the https server requires
authentication.

The solution is to use anonsvn for all externals in KDE 4 (since we don't
use admin any more) or to wait for Subversion relative URL external
support. Or, like I've been advocating for a while, fix it properly by
not duplicating the code (shared library, installed).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358