KTabBar - suggestion for 4.1

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Apr 14 18:40:40 BST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I'd far prefer the close button to appear on hover over the icon.

Well, this was removed a long time ago, in the sense that there was no
GUI option e.g to Konqueror to provide close on hover because of
usability issues. Actually I'm fine with this behavior. :)
The real problem is that showing the close button where it is now is a
hack. QToolBar does not provide the coordinates for the icon shown
there, so that is found out more or less by trial and error. And if a
style decides to put that icon somewhere else, it can all go wrong.

I have big fears that putting a separate close button near the text will
face similar problems.

> Also, as it's not in your mockup, I'd also like to see a new tab
> button remaining. I can't use konsole without it :(.

That is up to the konsole developer. Bug him (actually you just need to
vote for the bug report that was opened because of this). The framework
still supports it.

Andras