To Backport or not to Backport

Jeremy Whiting jeremy at scitools.com
Mon Apr 14 13:13:55 BST 2008

Hello all,

I recently possibly hit an issue I'd like to know policy about.  In KNewStuff2
library I recently added support to install packages to absolutepaths for the
author of KGrubEditor http://www.kde-
apps.org/content/show.php/KGRUBEditor?content=75442 so the dialog can install
the files directly to /boot/grub or whatever (assuming correct permissions,
etc.)  The "feature" is very small, and he would like me to backport it to the
4.0 branch.  It doesn't add any new strings, just adds two public methods to
knewstuff2/core/insallation.h

thoughts, opinions?

thanks,
Jeremy