Mixing KDE3 and KDE4

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 13:05:04 BST 2008

Hi!

Am Montag, 17. März 2008 09:15:42 schrieb Eduardo Robles Elvira:
> For "roaming users" (which anyways is not *by far* the normal case at all),
> there's a solution of compromise: first try to run the command in the path
> that was executing when saving ther session. if it doesn't exist, then
> execute the first command in PATH, or the second etc.

Note that this will fail here at our university; we are "roaming" with
different platforms, i.e. we have /software/kde-3.5.9/SuSE-10.2/bin
and /software/kde-3.5.9/SunOS-5.8/bin at the same time mounted via a common
NFS tree.  Thus, if the saved state includes the full path and this is tried
*first*, you would get an error because that binary cannot run on the other
platform.

I thought I'd mention this, but I don't expect this to be fixed.  We're
suffering from worse problems than that. ;-)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS