KTabBar - suggestion for 4.1

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Apr 13 23:08:09 BST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Peter Penz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> KTabBar offers the functionality to blend in a close button above the
> tab-icon when hovering the icon (see
> KTabBar::setHoverCloseButton(bool)).

Yes, and it's a hack and got broken with Qt 4.4 (the close button is
drawn to the wrong place). I wanted to fix that, but...

> http://enzosworld.gmxhome.de/temp/tabs_mockup.png

I agree that this would be better. I planed to do something like that,
but I'm more than happy if somebody else does it. :)

> Beside just suggesting option 4 I'd also implement it if I get the OK
> :-)
>
> Any opinions?

From my point of view, who is not the maintainer of this code, but did
the last changes on it AFAIK, go ahead. :) But I think it will not be
that easy to make it work correctly and with all the styles. So be sure
to test not only with Oxygen, but with the other styles as well AND
with a reversed (RTL) interface.

Andras