kdebase / plasma breakage

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Sun Apr 13 14:26:16 BST 2008

If you read this email before you're getting frustrated, feel smart now.

We're about to commit a large patch to plasma which, thanks to Alexis Menard
converts Plasma to using Widgets-on-Canvas. That's one of the new things in
Qt4.4 which removes a lot of code from Plasma. ALthough we (Alexis) made sure
it works well, this kind of things just doesn't happen without breakage. If
your kdebase compiles, consider yourself mildly lucky. :> We're doing this
right now so we have some time left during the sprint to fix things.

So if you recompile and your kdebase is hosed, please update to revision
796368.

Sorry for the inconenience, and thanks for your patience :-)

Cheers from the Plasma Sprint in Milano,
--
sebas