KConfigXT Support for WhatsThis (Was: KConfigXT Support for ToolTips?)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Thu Apr 10 23:56:51 BST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 22:04:59 Allen Winter wrote:

> Um... <whatsthis> in .kcfg files doesn't work anymore.

What do you mean by "doesn't work anymore"?

> No idea if this is a KDE4 regression or if this has been the case for a
> long time.
>
> From what i can tell, you need to explicitly set a whatsthis in your code,
> either by writing the C++ yourself or letting designer do it for you.

That's how it was designed from the beginning. E.g. in KOrganizer this method
is used to set the What's This texts from the kconfig_compiler generated
items. This used to work fine. Haven't tested with latest SVN, though.

> Please let me know if this was intentional.  If so, I will rip-out all the
> whatsthis stuff from kconfig_compiler.

Please don't remove it. It's useful and used.