Administrator mode in systemsettings

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 10 19:34:08 BST 2008

On Thursday 10 of April 2008, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 06:03:39PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > How about the attached patch?
>
> the clock will always be a few seconds later than requested - due to the
> password entering latency. one'd have to start the helper in advance and
> make it talk with the "master" via a pipe to avoid that.

 Hmm, right. I wanted to keep it simple, but I guess that won't be possible
for this - kdesu doesn't seem to forward stdin/stdout and I don't know what
should be the proper way to set up a named pipe to talk to a root helper.

> fwiw, the code contains a hwclock call - afaict, this is just bogus.
> for example, it does not account for the clock being in gmt/local mode.
> this should be definitely left up to the system's shutdown scripts.

 Fee free to dump it if it's wrong. I just copied the code.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz