KConfigXT Support for WhatsThis (Was: KConfigXT Support for ToolTips?)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 21:04:59 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 22:24:16 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 April 2008 03:12:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Monday 07 April 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Anyhow... it seems like tooltips were left out of the kcfg.xsd for some
> > > good reason that isn't obvious to me.
> >
> > the *only* reason i can think of is that the author may have intended
> > these to be set via designer instead? dunno ... whatsthis is also
> > available there. it really does look like an oversight. it would be easy
> > enough to add.

Um... <whatsthis> in .kcfg files doesn't work anymore.
No idea if this is a KDE4 regression or if this has been the case for a long
time.

From what i can tell, you need to explicitly set a whatsthis in your code,
either by writing the C++ yourself or letting designer do it for you.

Please let me know if this was intentional.  If so, I will rip-out all the
whatsthis stuff from kconfig_compiler.

-Allen