KConfigXT Support for ToolTips?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 03:24:16 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 03:12:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Anyhow... it seems like tooltips were left out of the kcfg.xsd for some
> > good reason that isn't obvious to me.
>
> the *only* reason i can think of is that the author may have intended these
> to be set via designer instead? dunno ... whatsthis is also available
> there. it really does look like an oversight. it would be easy enough to
> add.

OK, I'll take a looksee and work up a patch.

BTW: regarding my question about WhatsThis vs. Tooltips
I found [1], in which our own Mr. Seigo says... " WhatsThis help is
essentially an on-demand, extended tooltip associated with a specific widget.
It tends to be more verbose than a tooltip, but more succinct and specific
than a full-blown help manual..."

[1]
http://bddf.ca/~aseigo/whatsthis_tutorial/