KConfig:copyTo + Sync doesn't write to disk (test case)

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:31:22 BST 2008

El Martes 08 Abril 2008, Aaron J. Seigo escribió:
> yes. the dirty flag for the config object itself wasn't getting set (just
> for the entries).
>
> this also exposes a flaw in the copyTo/reparent API added for 4.1: it
> doesn't include write flags.
>
> the attached patch fixes both of these things, and your test case now
> passes locally. can you confirm this fixes the issue in your application
> code as well?

I've tested it and the patch works well =)

> btw, because it is BIC (though SC), i can't commit until monday, but will
> do so at that point if there are no complaints.

Please do - BTW note that ossi has already fixed the dirty flag problem in
trunk, though the write flag has not been added yet. Also your fix seems to
be more "correct" because it takes care of the corner case where the copied
group was empty.

> thanks for the test case (perfect way to report these issues =) and it's
> good we caught this before 4.1 so that we don't have to polute the API with
> duplicate functions, deprecations and KDE5:REMOVEs...

You are welcome ;-)

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)