KConfig:copyTo + Sync doesn't write to disk (test case)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 10:56:44 BST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> The testcase (in the form of a patch for kdelibs/kdecore/tests/) is
> attached; anyone knows why is this happening?

yes. the dirty flag for the config object itself wasn't getting set (just for
the entries).

this also exposes a flaw in the copyTo/reparent API added for 4.1: it doesn't
include write flags.

the attached patch fixes both of these things, and your test case now passes
locally. can you confirm this fixes the issue in your application code as
well?

btw, because it is BIC (though SC), i can't commit until monday, but will do
so at that point if there are no complaints.

thanks for the test case (perfect way to report these issues =) and it's good
we caught this before 4.1 so that we don't have to polute the API with
duplicate functions, deprecations and KDE5:REMOVEs...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se