[patch] KIconLoader fallback fix (and slight refactoring)

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Apr 8 12:31:48 BST 2008

On Tuesday, 8. April 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > Hence, I need your review. This patch makes icon interoperability with
> > naming spec compliant icons actually work, take a bit of time to see if
> > the code is ok.
>
> it looks right; it adds inherited themes, then default themes and
> addThemeByName ensures there aren't duplicates added. you may want to put a
> comment in the code that the order of calling (inherited and *then*
> defaults) is important (and why) just so the code remains a bit more
> maintainable for future spelunkers. =)

Ok, will do, thanks for the review :)

To be honest, I find the icon theme spec's fallback strategy slightly uncool,
because it doesn't provide any possibility to prefer hicolor icons to Oxygen
ones even for themes that are not related to Oxygen in any form.

But well, this is not what I came here to fix, and I have no intention of
starting another JRT-style flamewar on this issue :P
In case someone decides that it should happen the other way round,
the behaviour can be switched by just swapping two lines.

Cheers,
  Jakob