[patch] KIconLoader fallback fix (and slight refactoring)

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Apr 8 05:02:26 BST 2008

Hi list,

with trunk running again for me, I finally had the time to look into the issue
why 3rd party icon themes (say, gnome-icon-theme) are missing out on Oxygen
fallbacks if they don't have an appropriate icon themselves.

The problem (on our side) is that gnome-icon-theme doesn't specify
an "Inherits" property, which in turn causes KIconLoader not to know about
Oxygen and hicolor (= more generic fallback), and it doesn't look those up.

It's easy to get a solution that works, but I had a hard time finding the one
that fits into KIconLoader as it should. Hope it worked out nicely in the
end, but not liking code duplication I pulled and pushed more pieces around
than I'm confident to commit without review.

Hence, I need your review. This patch makes icon interoperability with
naming spec compliant icons actually work, take a bit of time to see if the
code is ok.

Thanks,
  Jakob