package for windows start menu entries

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Apr 7 16:41:19 BST 2008

Hi,

for KDE on windows applications it was requested several times to have
the installed application accessable from the windows start menu, which
is provided by the appended package in an initial version .
After building there is a standalone command line executable and a kded
module available. The executable allows to create start menu entries
manually, while the kded module watches ksycoca database changes to
create/update the start menu entries. The start menu entries are created
under the start menu of the "ALL USER" profiles and are
internationalized according to kde's language settings.

My questions are:

1. Would it be of interest to have this package included into the kde
source tree and when yes where ?  I would think of kdebase-workspace
(not releases yet on windows) or kdebase-runtime
2. This package needs a kDebug() category - currently it uses the kded
category - would this be okay or should it have a separate category ?

BTW: This is my first kded module - if there are changes required in the
way things are implemented let me know.

Regards
 Ralf