Horizontal automatic scrolling treeview - what can we do with this?

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Apr 7 10:12:57 BST 2008

At Friday 04 April 2008 02:39, you wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I've been playing around with a subclassed treeview that has no
> horizontal scrolling, but instead scrolls automatically according to the
> topmost visible item in the tree. The result can be seen here:
>
> http://folk.ntnu.no/haraldhv/simplescroll.ogg

Looks cool. It is something similar to what Vista does, and that's actually a feature I like from Vista a lot. Not sure if the topmost visible item is the best algortihm, but if it works ok, I would like to use it, so if you can commit it in playground I can try it out. If it is ok, it would be nice to have it in kdelibs for the 4.1 release.

Best,

Toma