[Patch] KInfoCenter relooked

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 03:07:03 BST 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> Just a first preview of KInfoCenter - reinvented (in fact simplified)

that's a *big* patch already. i hope you're at least developing this in a
branch somewhere?

anyways, good news is that it removes a lot of code =)

> The old Search tab will be replaced by the KTi-tleWidget comment
> content, but it needs a patch if it's ok :
> http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/kinfocenter/ktitlewidget-comment.patch

i don't see what that could break, so should be ok to commit.

> After this general improvement, I think I will try to to improve each
> sub- KInfoCenter modules, one by one.

one bit of low hanging fruit: you can see that many of the modules have an
extra set of margin borders around them. the main view area widget they are
in should have margins of 0 and the top level layout for each of the modules
should also have margins of 0. the user visible widgets should line up on the
left and right edges with the title widget above.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se