patch for runner_lock to use kxkb kpart

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 09:51:18 BST 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 09:15:55PM -0400, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> I could not easily find who's current maintainer of krunner/lock

effectively lubos and to some degree me.

> I'd consider removing DBUS interface from kxkb which will also has to
> make it more lightweight which (again IMHO) is not the last
> characteristic keyboard layout indicator/switcher should have :)

that's also my main concern - kparts is another lib to be loaded.
it's small by itself, but pulls in kio, which is, uhm, *huge* ...

another context to consider this applet in is kdm. there, kio is quite a
no-go.

so, would it be possible to use a plain libloader and QXEmbed (well, the
qt4 equivalent) to make it more lightweight? or maybe we can introduce a
KBasicPart as a general solution?