KDE Development Platform Reminder

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Sep 28 20:48:27 BST 2007

Howdy,

A friendly reminder that we go into "frozen solid" mode for
kdesupport, kdelibs and kdepimlibs on midnight 3 Oct (your timezone).

After this date, patches must be reviewed and approved on the k-c-d mailing list.
No string changes in these modules either, without approval from the translators.

Note that the tagging date for the KDE Development Platform is 23 October
so we still have a few weeks to iron out big, bad bugs.

kdebase/runtime and kdebindings are also part of the KDE Development Platform
and should be ready by 3 October as well.  String freeze is in effect after that.
Please only bugfixes after 3 October in these modules.

-Allen, KDEPIM Release Dude

PS.  Don't panic but... 19 October is the "Total Release Freeze" for all modules.
Only reviewed patches permitted.  Gulp.  3 weeks only.