workaround for glibc bug

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 28 07:26:22 BST 2007

Tom Albers wrote:

>> We add to KDE 4.0 Release Notes: "if you're on Linux and you're not
>> using glibc version 2.6.xxx, you might experience freezes. Upgrade."
>
>That's what I suggested to do. With the exception to give a bit more
> details, as distro's are a bit slow with updating glibc and this way
> they can make sure the bugfix is in the glibc they ship at that moment.

We're very early in the process. We should contact our downstream and ask
them to start preparing a package for their recent releases. That way,
they have enough time to analyse the impact of this upgrade before our
release.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358