workaround for glibc bug

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 21:16:01 BST 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007 16:01, Tom Albers wrote:

> > We add to KDE 4.0 Release Notes: "if you're on Linux and you're not using
> > glibc version 2.6.xxx, you might experience freezes. Upgrade."
>
> That's what I suggested to do. With the exception to give a bit more
> details, as distro's are a bit slow with updating glibc and this way they
> can make sure the bugfix is in the glibc they ship at that moment.

Question for clarification:
which versions of glibc (i.e. which distros) are affected ?

freeze means the particular app will freeze, or more ?

If it is a serious bug and many versions of libc are affected, a workaround
would be much better IMO, because otherwise KDE 4 will be buggy for many
users.

Alex