[kde-artists] Sane pseudo random colors; was: PieChart widget

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 21 16:35:13 BST 2007

Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Olaf Schmidt said the following, On 2007-09-20 18:15:
>> Applications should use the KColorScheme to get reasonable foreground and
>> background colours. They can also mix those colours with KColorUtils if they
>> need more.
>
> Olaf
> This time I am not sure you're right :) You obviously do not want to print
> documents with black backgrounds and white letters just because you're using
> white-on-black color scheme. Sometimes the same occurs for print-previewing.

I think you're both right. For display purposes, it is best to use
colors from the system palette if possible, as this is more likely to
maximize accessibility. For printing, there should probably be a totally
different palette.

--
Matthew
"Please remain calm... I may be mad, but I am a professional."