Sorting by permissions - allow change for next monday ?

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:16:05 BST 2007

Hey Robert and all,

> Just a quick suggestion.  The "points" score for permission is
> calculated in absolute terms.  If you can it would probably be better
> to calculate the permissiveness relative to the current user.  With
> one point each for read,write and execute ability.

Yeah, is only a matter of comparing items for saying A < B.

> So files would be organised like this:
>
> Files I can read,write and execute
> Files I can read,write (or another combination of two permissions)
> Files I can read (or one other permission)

Indeed, look at the screenshot I made for it:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/09/sortingByPermissions.png

Robert, do you still that is OK or should I organize categories in a
different way  ? (for example, only the rights that the user has,
ignoring group or others when sorting). My idea with this is to fast
see if we have security problems in a folder, instead of going file by
file or have to use konsole for that.

Bye and thank you,
Rafael Fernández López.