Sorting by permissions - allow change for next monday ?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:31:30 BST 2007

Hi Rafael,

Just a quick suggestion.  The "points" score for permission is
calculated in absolute terms.  If you can it would probably be better
to calculate the permissiveness relative to the current user.  With
one point each for read,write and execute ability.

So files would be organised like this:

Files I can read,write and execute
Files I can read,write (or another combination of two permissions)
Files I can read (or one other permission)

Regards,
Robert.