Paste special

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Sep 18 12:12:45 BST 2007

David Faure said the following, On 2007-09-18 01:08:

> Jaroslaw wrote:
>> For those worried about performance: this is of course designed for small chunks of data, larger
>> portions can be handled by DDE-like "on demand" operations. I wish I could
>> show this in action ad KDE level.
> Yes. What you're describing is exactly how QMimeData works, so no problem there :)

Do you mean QMimeData::retrieveData() ;) ?
If so, do you know any implementation using it, with constant time/memory cost
of copying?
I am asking because by "on demand" term above I mean that the data provider
only formats and sends the data when the receiver requests it (unlike with
typical copying of, say, rich text).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek