Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 16 21:54:22 BST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I'm starting to think that maybe the Oxygen design in its current form
> doesn't play with the technical limitations we have.

It doesn't :-). There's currently a lot of gradients being drawn that
should be pixmap-cached instead (this is high on my to-do list as it's
bothering me also). And we basically haven't made any attempts yet at
performance tuning. It may be that oxygen in 4.0 will not be usable on
low-end machines for this reason (I hope not, but given the available
manpower...).

> So maybe a redesign
> is needed (yes that sucks, because it means that we won't have oxygen in
> 4.0 and that the designers would throw away a lot of work).

I don't think we need to do anything that extreme. Tuning should help
quite a bit; there is a lot we can cut out for low-end machines. If that
can't be done in 4.0, maybe we don't have oxygen as default in 4.0, but
that's much better than no oxygen at all in 4.0.

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)