Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:01:36 BST 2007

On 9/16/07, Pino Toscano <toscano.pino at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Alle domenica 16 settembre 2007, Jos Poortvliet ha scritto:
> > Let me propose to let the artists and usability people figure this
> > out. Let matthew and Pinheiro play.
>
> ... in a separate branch, please.
> (Oh btw, since when kdelibs is becoming a playground area?)
>
> > If we don't like the END RESULT (and please stop stop stop bitching about
> > the current look, as it's simply NOT meant to look that way) it will SIMPLY
> > be a matter of changing a DEFAULT color scheme setting.
>
> And please please please please stop breaking the workflow (and the eyes) of
> the developers who _wants_ to work on kde4.

I agree, you're right. Matthew shouldn't changed this by default. It
servers no purpose as far as I can tell, he should've introduced it
when it was ready.

> > Don't tell me that's a huge issue, stability-wise, cuz I don't believe that.
>
> It seems you didn't read my last email, did you? Please tell me how am I
> supposed to TEST an application with similar color problems? Will you do that
> for me? Or Matthew? I can't, sorry.
>
> > Let them make it how it's supposed to look. Give em time until at
> > least the first RC. If the community (eg all of us) then decide it
> > sucks, flashes, is bad for performance etcetera, we turn it off. No
> > changing code, just a default setting.
>
> So, all the emails of people complaining in this thread are
> considered "nothing"? We developers are part of the community as well, and
> many people are complaining, and it seems more than the ones actually liking
> or not really distrurbed by the effect.

You haven't even seen the effect as it's supposed to look (and nor
have I). I don't like the current setting, and Matthew should really
really fix it. I just had a look at it, it's still on by default. I
think the smartest thing he can do right now is TURN THE SODDING THING
OFF.

> Are you going to continue ignoring that?

Sorry. I'm for turning it off right now, and I think Matthew shouldn't
have turned it on in the first place. We shouldn't have seen it until
it was properly done, and nobody would have complained.