Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sun Sep 16 12:13:47 BST 2007

Alle domenica 16 settembre 2007, Jos Poortvliet ha scritto:
> Let me propose to let the artists and usability people figure this
> out. Let matthew and Pinheiro play.

... in a separate branch, please.
(Oh btw, since when kdelibs is becoming a playground area?)

> If we don't like the END RESULT (and please stop stop stop bitching about
> the current look, as it's simply NOT meant to look that way) it will SIMPLY
> be a matter of changing a DEFAULT color scheme setting.

And please please please please stop breaking the workflow (and the eyes) of
the developers who _wants_ to work on kde4.

> Don't tell me that's a huge issue, stability-wise, cuz I don't believe that.

It seems you didn't read my last email, did you? Please tell me how am I
supposed to TEST an application with similar color problems? Will you do that
for me? Or Matthew? I can't, sorry.

> Let them make it how it's supposed to look. Give em time until at
> least the first RC. If the community (eg all of us) then decide it
> sucks, flashes, is bad for performance etcetera, we turn it off. No
> changing code, just a default setting.

So, all the emails of people complaining in this thread are
considered "nothing"? We developers are part of the community as well, and
many people are complaining, and it seems more than the ones actually liking
or not really distrurbed by the effect.
Are you going to continue ignoring that?

> Yes, they maybe should've done it in a seperate branch. But let's stop
> talking about past mistakes, OK? and let them do their job,

Again, in a _separate_ branch.

> and let us do ours.

I can't do mine in these conditions, sorry. (And I'm not the only one.)

--
Pino Toscano