Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 12:58:38 BST 2007

On 9/16/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> A Friday 07 September 2007 18:00:07, Matthew Woehlke escreveu:
> > Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> > > Since I'm hearing complaints about the current situation (basically,
> > > when using oxygen, can't tell active/inactive apart), I'm going to
> > > commit this by Friday unless someone objects.
> >
> > Done, since no one objected.
>
> I dont, no one else did.
> But since a good image speack lowader that words.......
> http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image4618.png
> the butons are faded off the text is greish on the tile bar removed the glow
> gradient from inactive, reduced the size of the shadow and the overal
> coloring is sutly difrent.

I can't really see if you DID change the background, but if you did, I
really object to that. That's exactly what everyone here hates so
much, as it makes the whole window seem to flash. No matter how subtle
it is (unless it's so subtle you really can't see it, in which case it
makes no sense).

You could dull some colourful things like the scrollbars and some
other widgets, maybe change the text a little. But NOT the background,
really. Don't do that. Just changing the windowdecoration like you did
is of course acceptable, I'm just not sure if that's enough visual
difference between active and inactive. It IS the least controversial
thing to do, though.