Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sat Sep 15 17:06:00 BST 2007

A Saturday 15 September 2007 16:27:01, Kevin Ottens escreveu:
> Le samedi 15 septembre 2007, Jos Poortvliet a écrit :
> > Lets add to that how controversial the feature proved to be earlier...
> >  Yet I applaud matthew for trying new things. If this is easy to turn
> > of, it's not a big thing to test it until release.
>
> Except that if it gets disabled just before the release it is code that
> will start to bitrot immediately.
>
> > This is the only
> > way we can really innovate - try. And don't be to hard on those who
> > do.
>
> Trying is fine, pushing to trunk is different. For experiments we have
> branches and we definitely don't use them enough in our development
> pattern... I admit subversion doesn't make it easy to work with branches
> though which is a shame.
>
> With sane branch support this stuff could have been developed and finished
> properly in a branch first (that is sane defaults and/or support for
> configuration). And, only when done, it could have been merged to trunk if
> there was no objection. This way we could have avoided pissing off a good
> part of our developer base.

Ok but people must admit that wen Mathew frist asked about this here, he
satarted to talk to himself for the longuest time. So people were not that
much responsive to his ideas.

> > How about this:
>
> What about this one:
> "science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul"
> (François Rabelais)
>
> So yeah, experiment but do it responsibly.

There is ui on the making so you can fine tune it. Responsabilty part.
I just saw a screeniwe (thanks Richard Dale) of the diference and yes it's way
to much, but it is mostly in testing phase, until the control thing is not
done, its good to test. If i recal now it is in maximum diference betwin
active an inactive.

> Regards.

regards

--