KDE4 printing: results of IRC meeting

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sat Sep 15 17:02:23 BST 2007

Le samedi 15 septembre 2007, Kuba Ober a écrit :
> On Friday 14 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On Friday 14 September 2007 20:45:11 Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > > It looses the feature to "print to pdf" for nearly *any* other file
> > > type (text, images, PS) when loaded into the standalone kprinter
> > > dialog, as it is supported now when you selected "Convert" in the
> > > dialog that comes up by printing non-PS files (well, maybe the feature
> > > was lost through the bitrotting process in recent 12-18 months, but it
> > > used to work fairly well).
> > >
> > > I'm not complaining -- just want to make sure you're aware what gets
> > > lost by the current changes.
> >
> > Then explain, because I did not understand what you said above.
> >
> > When is the print dialog shown outside KDE applications?
>
> I regularly use kprinter instead of lpr. Makes life easy and sweet. One
> wishes Windows had something like that. Loosing almost any aspect of
> kprinter's functionaly would make me personally very unhappy.
>
> So, there's one user input, for what it counts.
Just my 2 cents to add to Kuba words (and taking into account that I just
followed this discussion on the surface...): I also like a lot the old KDE
print framework, it's so easy to use! And kprinter is a must-have, I think.

Anyway, I'm confident that people involved in this part of KDE will produce a
great solution :-)

Best regards,

Kleag

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer