Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Sep 14 19:56:23 BST 2007

A Friday 14 September 2007 19:46:29, Richard Dale escreveu:
> On Friday 14 September 2007, pinheiro wrote:
> > A Friday 14 September 2007 18:57:01, Richard Dale escreveu:

> > > To the best of my knowledge no major windowing interface has ever had
> > > anything other than the title bar changed to show when a window is
> > > inactive, never the window contents. If the colors are only correct for
> > > the active window, you have a modal interface because all the other
> > > windows and their color values are second class citizens.
> >
> > (this was not a tecnical opinion)
> > and just becose no one has done it we shouldnt try it?
> > has i said it should be sutle enough to be mostly unotaceble that kind of
> > unnoteced noteced thing.

> > > Well, they should certainly have an important say, but there are
> > > technical implications involved in making changes like this, and
> > > technical people need to be involved just as much.
> >
> > but you did not gave a tecnical imput
>
> I said:
>
> " I don't think
> large changes like that should be rammed through into the svn when the
> release is at a late stage, and the consequences have barely been
> discussed. At the very least it should be optional, and not the default
> option."
>
> That is actually a technical point. If kdelibs isn't stable because of
> changes committed in a hurry, then any applications written using kdelibs
> aren't stable either, and nor is my work on language bindings stable.

If this is the case, and there is a big risk of this beeing a potential bug to
kdelibs im ok with not doing it. (but now one seems to be saying that)
And doing so still leaves the question, how to do it?
The hole concept of the style was allways around the "no windeck" idea so how
do we do it?

--
pinheiro
core oxygen icon designer