Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 19:46:29 BST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007, pinheiro wrote:
> A Friday 14 September 2007 18:57:01, Richard Dale escreveu:
> > >
> > > Right. Widgets are inactive if the window is inactive.

> > > Huh? This has been the way WM's worked for the last, oh... at least two
> > > decades. I fail to see how only ever having one active window "makes
> > > the entire UI modal".
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge no major windowing interface has ever had
> > anything other than the title bar changed to show when a window is
> > inactive, never the window contents. If the colors are only correct for
> > the active window, you have a modal interface because all the other
> > windows and their color values are second class citizens.
>
> (this was not a tecnical opinion)
> and just becose no one has done it we shouldnt try it?
> has i said it should be sutle enough to be mostly unotaceble that kind of
> unnoteced noteced thing.

> > > As indicated in the orignal thread, this will be configurable (and, as
> > > of five minutes ago, it is). What should be the default is a question I
> > > think is better decided by the artists and usability people.
> >
> > Well, they should certainly have an important say, but there are
> > technical implications involved in making changes like this, and
> > technical people need to be involved just as much.
>
> but you did not gave a tecnical imput
I said:

" I don't think
large changes like that should be rammed through into the svn when the
release is at a late stage, and the consequences have barely been discussed.
At the very least it should be optional, and not the default option."

That is actually a technical point. If kdelibs isn't stable because of changes
committed in a hurry, then any applications written using kdelibs aren't
stable either, and nor is my work on language bindings stable.

> Dont get me wrong i think everybody is intitled to theyr opinon but they
> should clearly say it is an usability/astetical one and not mask it under
> tecnical.
Yes, I agree.

-- Richard