Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 11:11:55 BST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> I'm thinking I'd like to check in the following diff as a temporary
> >> measure to get people thinking about active vs. inactive widget states.
> >>
> >> This is a TEMPORARY change (things will be configurable in 4.0-final
> >> as I've previously talked about; (1) for example), but will hopefully
> >> help shake people out of the KDE3 way of thinking where it was "ok" to
> >> not think about widget states w.r.t. the color scheme.
> >
> > Since I'm hearing complaints about the current situation (basically,
> > when using oxygen, can't tell active/inactive apart), I'm going to
> > commit this by Friday unless someone objects.
>
> Done, since no one objected.
I think this change is wrong because it turns your computer into a 'one window
at a time' system. There must be better ways of showing which is the active
window than changing the entire color scheme by darkening the window
contents. I find it fatiguing when the window contents keep changing when you
click on different windows - as opposed to just the window title bar changing
(ie more transparent, or a different color), which is the normal way to
indicate which window is the active one. If I want to read two documents at
once, I don't want one doc dimmed and the other normal.

-- Richard