[path] litte kDebug extension

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Sep 12 22:18:08 BST 2007

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2007, Ralf Habacker a écrit :

> The use case for this functionality makes sense for KDE apps which uses
> simply kDebug() and friend with the default area. (I have found this in
> umbrello).

This is perfectly fine for applications to use the default area (0).
area are there for libraries, or for big application that have several parts.
It is used when you want to filter the part you are actually debugging.

When you debug an application, you just start one per console, so the main
application debug area can have 0.

> Any objectivities ?

(Your code is not thread safe)