AW: [Kde-print-devel] Status of KDEprint in 4.0, and offer of help

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 6 07:26:12 BST 2007

On Thursday 06 September 2007 03:39, Nhuh Put wrote:

> If it is in any way possible to use a QPrinter base approach, it would make
> the life for the kde windows developers much easier.
> Maybe I missed something and but I don't think we will otherwise have
> printing support in kde windows in the foreseeable future.

Well, right now we wrap QPrinter in KPrinter; the big issue is that we have to
add wrappers for all new methods, instead of getting them automatically
through inheritance. That, and my attempt at wrapping the new methods to
enable our pre and post processing hooks (if that's the right word) failed
miserably, leading to crashes when trying to print.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi