KDE 4.0 SDK

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Sep 5 00:09:54 BST 2007

Howdy,

We are thinking about doing a KDE 4.0 "Software Development Kit" in late October.

This would be a real, operational, release of  kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs
(and maybe some parts of kdebase). i.e, everything needed to write your own
KDE 4 application.

So we need to be "done" with kdesupport, kdelibs and kdepimlibs in about
6 weeks.  All unit tests should pass, apidox should be complete, etc.  Then
we shut down these modules for all changes except bug fixes.  Leaving
approx 2 months to work on apps before the big 4.0.0 release.

We know that KDEPrint and KSSL are in bad shape; help on these classes
is desperately needed.

Comments on the idea of a KDE SDK release?

-Allen

PS. Feel free to update http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdelibs
with fixed/new bugs; completed stuff; etc